banner
cto 19:01
 
Land Acknowledgement.
 

Signing Authority

  • Motion from Kim to have Brenda included as a signing authority.
  • Seconded by Chris.
  • No one opposed.

Community BBQ for the community on September 6th, 2021

  • Have been approached by Darla Hennessy from City of Elliot Lake asking the club to host a community BBQ on September 6th of this year.
  • We do not have a budget for this.
  • Secondary issue of many club members will not be available that day.
  • Only 3 of our members would be available on this day. (Likely would require at least 6 persons).
  • Concern expressed that it may be a little late to order food for this event.
  • Perhaps we can offer volunteer support if someone else runs the BBQ?
  • Ontario government suggesting today that we may not be able to hold such gatherings anyways.
  • Jenna will get back to Darla and “close that loop”.

District Governor Visit

  • Will visit our club on August 23rd.
  • Chris and Dave have agreed to attend a round of golf with the DG and his wife.
  • Following golf, all club members are invited to a meal (at the clubhouse), with DG Steve Meadley when he will speak to the club.
 

District Conference

  • Scheduled for September 10th through 12th in Timmins.
  • The organizing committee is short of attendees. They are asking that each club donate $50.00 worth of liquor, liquor accessories, and/or cash donations to be used for fundraising/raffle purposes during the conference.
  • The committee is also asking that each club appoint a “Convention Commander” to promote the convention.
 

Golf Tournament

  • Only two more scheduled meetings between now and the golf tournament.
  • Currently 10 sponsors.
    • Need 4 signs to be made.
  • As of yesterday (Monday August 16):
    • Allowed to do a shotgun start.
    • Allowed to have 24 teams in a “shot-gun start” style.
    • 26 teams with a staggard start style.
  • Other tournaments are filling up quickly.
  • Club members are in favour of a shotgun start.
  • We need a lot of manpower for the day of the tournament.
  •  We still need sponsors.
    • Rotarians: Please complete your sponsor lists ASAP!
  • Posters:
    • So far only one title sponsor.
    • Forest Heard has volunteered to do the poster for us.
  • Fundraisers for the day.
    • E.g. Putting competition.
  • Gift bags for the competitors.
    • Water, chips, and granola bar.
  • Chris will get water.
  • Brenda will get granola bars.
  • Need some people for registration.
  • Team pictures.
    • Send digital pictures for free??
    • Perhaps offer printed pictures for free?
  • Cardboard cut-out with a hashtag?
  • Has Mrs. Briffett been invited??
 

Happy Dollars

Jenna: Sad. Dog passed away.
Brenda: Cupboards are going back into kitchen.
Gord: First full day of vacation.
Wayne: Tomatoes and biker chicks.
 
Next week, may hold a golf tournament meeting if required. Invitations will be sent out.
Next formal meeting will be held on August 31st.
 
adj.: 20:14
Rotarians: Kim Arnold, Chris Wade, Gord McNaughton, Shawn Heard, Wayne Arnold, Dave Snider, Jane Carlsson-Mann, John Tyler, Jenna Dickson.
 
Presiding: Brenda McNaughton.
Executives & Directors
President
 
President Elect
 
Secretary
 
Past President
 
Rotary Foundation
 
Membership
 
Public Relations
 
New Generations
 
Club Information
Welcome to our Club!
Elliot Lake
Service Above Self
Tuesdays at 7:00 PM
On Line
N/A
Elliot Lake, ON
Canada
Our club currently meets every second Tuesday, online.
DistrictSiteIcon
District Site
VenueMap
Venue Map
Speakers
Oct 12, 2021 7:00 PM
Water First Project
View entire list
Upcoming Events
Red Briffett Memorial Golf Tournament
Stone Ridge Golf Course
Sep 18, 2021
 
View entire list
Links
Links
100 Elliot Lakers Who Care!
facebook
Rotary International
Russell Hampton
ClubRunner
ClubRunner Mobile